MainWP Site Launch Guide
Adding a new site
- Navigate to: MainWP Dashboard > Sites > Add New
- Add as an https (SSL-secured) site.
- Username is usually “jackandbean” or “davidraines”.
- Define static or maintained
- Define if Jupiter 6, Jupiter 10, Avada-based, or legacy/other.
Apply global Branding options.
Leave all other options blank/default.
Add – done.
Advanced Uptime Monitor
- Navigate to: MainWP Dashboard > Extensions > Advanced Uptime Monitor.
- Click “Create New Monitor”.
- Monitor type should be: http(s)
- Friendly name should be the TLD. Ex. “jackandbean.com”
- URL should be the full TLD with protocol. Ex. “https://jackandbean.com”
- Monitoring interval should be “5” (minutes, default)
- Click “Create Monitor” – done.
Navigate to: MainWP Dashboard > Extensions > Buddy
Hit “Save Settings” on the following Destinations. Each destination will take a few moments to resave all sites, including any newly added ones.
- Permanent Monthly Backups
- Daily Backups
Do not actually change any settings without explicit permission!
- Monthly Backups: Click “Edit Schedule”. Check that both “Maintained” and “Static” groups are selected in upper right “Groups” panel, and then click “Save Schedule”. All sites get monthly backups.
- Daily Backups: Only edit if the site is a maintained site. If so, click “Edit Schedule”. Check that just the “Maintained” group is selected in upper-right “Groups” panel, and then click “Save Schedule”.
Just hit “Save General Settings” allow it to run.
Navigate to: MainWP Dashboard > Extensions > Code Snippets. Click “Load”, select all via upper-right panel checkbox under “Select Sites”, “Save & Execute Snippet”, and confirm, for the below snippets. The popup window will confirm when the snippet has been saved/executed successfully, either with “Process completed successfully.” with “Execute on Child Sites” snippet types, or “Snippet saved succesfully” on “Save to wp-config.php” snippet types (defined on right panel).
- 1024MB WordPress Memory Limit
- Hide BackupBuddy Remote Destinations submenu
- WordPress Login Page Logo URL update to J&B
You can navigate back to the Saved Snippets via the black menu bar above as well.