Adding Mailgun to J&B-hosted Website
Install the Mailgun Plugin
Ensure Mailgun is installed and activated:
Add domain to Mailgun
- Log into Mailgun:
- “Sending > Add New Domain”
- Enter the root domain name – no mg. subdomain!
- Select 2048-bit key (default may be 1024).
Add Necessary Cloudflare DNS Entries
- Log into Cloudflare in a different tab/window (leave Mailgun open):
- Find domain, navigate to it’s DNS subdashboard
- Add both TXT files and the CNAME specified in Mailgun
- Verify at the bottom of the mailgun page. Sometimes you have to hit verify 2-3X for it to go through for the CNAME.
Do not enter the MX records, they are not necessary for sending mail and can complicate mail delivery.
Configure Mailgun in WordPress
- In the WordPress dashboard, navigate to “Settings > Mailgun”
- Enter the root domain in “Mailgun Domain Name” field
- Enter the Private API key found back in Mailgun, under “Settings > API Keys”. The same API key is used across all sites, you can copy it from another site as well. NEVER refresh/renew it in Mailgun!
- “From Address” is typically “[email protected]”.
- “From Name” is typically the business name.
- Click “Save Changes”, and then “Test Configuration”.
If all went well, you should have received an email confirming that the setup works.