NOTE: WE ARE NOT ACTIVELY REVIEWING CANDIDATES
This position’s needs are currently filled. We will continue accepting applications, but we will not be reviewing candidates until we have another position open up. You are welcome to apply with that expectation.
As a web-focused content marketing agency anchored in Phoenix, Jack & Bean is looking for a local AZ front-end web developer. Although intended to be primarily a remote position, initial training and occasional in-person collaboration at our home office may be required. Must have reliable transportation.
This role is intended to handle as much of our development load as possible, with a focus on front-end tasks. Creating new websites, updating existing websites and flowing in content will comprise the bulk of the work.
Your Development Roles
- Create entirely new WordPress websites and custom themes from design mockups and content documents
- Flow in new pages and articles from our content creation team as part of ongoing engagement with clients
- Execute one-off assigned web tasks such as feature additions, DNS updates, etc.
- Collaborate with our writers and back-end devs when necessary to complete projects and tasks
- Maintain existing WordPress websites from batch update tool
- Discuss and document new internal processes and update old and evolving ones
Qualifications & Requirements
- English native speaker
- WordPress, HTML & CSS/SCSS mastery
- College degree in related field strongly preferred
- Degree-equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of college education
- Previous front-end development experience preferred
- Must provide development samples
- Willingness to meet in-person (we’re based in Ahwatukee)
- Ability to self-manage remotely and log time reliably
- reliable computer, phone, internet connection and transportation
Part-time to start (10hr minimum guaranteed), with the potential to increase to full-time hours and eventually salaried position if desired.
$30-45/hr, commensurate upon expertise.
- Dreamweaver (or other SCSS-compiling equivalent)
- G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Ahrefs (optional)