As a web-focused content marketing agency anchored in Phoenix, Jack & Bean is looking for a local AZ front-end web developer. Although intended to be primarily a remote position, initial training and occasional in-person collaboration at our home office may be required. Must have reliable transportation.
This role is intended to handle as much of our development load as possible, with a focus on front-end tasks. Creating new websites, updating existing websites and flowing in content will comprise the bulk of the work.
Your Development Roles
- Create entirely new WordPress websites and custom themes from design mockups and content documents
- Flow in new pages and articles from our content creation team as part of ongoing engagement with clients
- Execute one-off assigned web tasks such as feature additions, DNS updates, etc.
- Collaborate with our writers and back-end devs when necessary to complete projects and tasks
- Maintain existing WordPress websites from batch update tool
- Discuss and document new internal processes and update old and evolving ones
Qualifications & Requirements
- English native speaker
- WordPress, HTML & CSS/SCSS mastery
- College degree in related field strongly preferred
- Degree-equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of college education
- Previous front-end development experience preferred
- Must provide development samples
- Willingness to meet in-person (we’re based in Ahwatukee)
- Ability to self-manage remotely and log time reliably
- reliable computer, phone, internet connection and transportation
Part-time to start (10hr minimum guaranteed), with the potential to increase to full-time hours and eventually salaried position if desired.
$30-45/hr, commensurate upon expertise.
- Dreamweaver (or other SCSS-compiling equivalent)
- G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Ahrefs (optional)