As a growing content marketing agency anchored in Phoenix, Jack & Bean is looking for skilled content writers who enjoy interviewing clients, researching topics and crafting professional articles. Content creation is one of our core services and we take excellent care of our writers in order to do the same for our clients. You can commit to a flexible workload (monthly hours / number of clients) and work remotely with structured assignments and comfortable deadlines. We have a variety of clients to collaborate with, including doctors, lawyers, construction contractors, consultants, tech firms, non-profits, etc.
Your role can encompass overseeing content creation from inception, including collaboration with your clients, all the way to flowing your articles into WordPress, or a more concise role of just interviewing and writing. We’re open to preferences, as long as the core writing and interviewing skill sets are there, but your relationship with your assigned clients is part of the key to writing quality, as you will become an expert on your clients’ industry niches.
Your Role & Our Writing Process
- Interview clients regularly on recorded calls via Zoom app for topic discussion and to source material
- Compile keyword/topic ideas from client interactions into spreadsheets
- Research keyword/topic ideas with Ahrefs and other tools (optional, additional pay)
- Write high quality articles ranging from 750-3000 words in Textmetrics app
- Source relevant supporting images from client and/or stock photography sites
- Flow articles into WordPress pages for review (optional, additional pay)
Qualifications & Requirements
- English native speaker
- Associate/Bachelor’s in English, Journalism, or related fields strongly preferred
- Degree-equivalent experience may be accepted in lieu of college education
- Previous professional writing experience preferred
- Must provide writing samples
- Willingness to meet during PST hours (we’re based in Phoenix)
- Local AZ writers strongly preferred!
- Ability to self-manage remotely and log time reliably
- reliable computer, phone and internet connection
Part-time, variable – 4-20hrs/week to start depending on demand, potential to go full-time after 6 months.
$20/hr to start, with quick raises based on proven competence
- G Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, etc.)
- Ahrefs (optional)